Attention, Durham shutterbugs: We're hosting our first-ever reader photo contest!
Got a cool shot of the Farmers' Market? Did you spot some interesting wildlife in the backyard? Were you at Cameron Indoor for a big game? Did you catch your kid in a particularly adorable moment? Share it with the world!
We have three categories: Landscapes/Nature, People and Places.
Here are the rules:
- Contest is open to amateur photographers. That means those who do not make more than half of their income from photography.
- Images MUST be high-resolution, 270 dpi or higher.
- Entries will be accepted between now and Sept. 24, 2012.
- Our editorial staff will select winners in each category, as well as an overall grand prize winner. Prizes will be announced later. But we can tell you that the winners’ names and their photos will be published in an upcoming issue of Durham Magazine.
- Submitted photos must have been taken in Durham County since Jan. 1, 2011.
- Photographs must be the property of the person submitting.
- Each individual may submit up to five photos. But please submit them in separate emails.
- Photographs must be in digital format. No print or film submissions will be accepted.
- Photographs that have won other contests are not eligible.
- Please do not overly manipulate or change by using photo editing software (including Instagram). Minor color correction and cropping is acceptable.
Here is how you can enter:
- Send an email to email@example.com Make the subject line “Photo Contest."
- Attach the high-resolution digital photo (270 dpi or higher).
- In the body of the email, include your name, address, phone number, photo title (if there is one), the photo category you're choosing to enter (landscapes/nature, people or places), estimated date it was taken and a brief description. The brief description should tell us where the photo was taken, who (if anyone) is photographed and what you think makes it unique.
- Again, the deadline is Sept. 24, so get your submission in today!